Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement ("Statement") Required by s.54 of United Kingdom's Modern Slavery Act 2015
This Statement is made pursuant to s.54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out the steps that Kurt J. Lesker Company (United States), including its subsidiary Kurt J. Lesker Company Ltd. (United Kingdom), has taken and is continuing to take to prevent modern slavery or human trafficking within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking, and forced labour. Kurt J. Lesker Company has a zero tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery.
Kurt J. Lesker Company operates in accordance with its SPIRIT Values (Sustainability, Passion, Integrity, Respectful, Innovation, Team).
In addition to SPIRIT, we have in place a number of internal practices and policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Employee Handbook. Our Employee Handbook sets out the business ethics required to be maintained by all of our employees.
- Recruitment processes. We operate a recruitment process that includes conducting eligibility to work in the UK and/or any other jurisdiction in which a candidate is being considered for employment. Such checks help to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Complaint process. We ensure that all employees know that they can raise concerns about how colleagues are being treated, or practices within our business or supply chain, without fear of reprisals.
Kurt J. Lesker Company operates a supplier qualification process and maintains a preferred supplier list. We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become a preferred supplier.
We require that our suppliers sign a Supplier Code of Conduct, confirming to us, among other things, that:
- They conduct their business in an ethical manner, including avoiding the use of indentured servitude or child labour;
- That they do not treat their employees in an inhumane manner; and
- That they pay their employees at least the applicable minimum wage.
Our Performance Indicators
We will know the effectiveness of the steps that we are taking to prevent slavery and/or human trafficking within our business or supply chain if no reports are received from employees, the public, or law enforcement agencies to indicate that modern slavery practices have been identified.
Approval for this Statement
This Statement was approved by the Board of Directors of Kurt J. Lesker Company on 28. Februar 2023.
Kurt J. Lesker IV - President & CEO